Saturday, July 08, 2006

Summer Season Preview - Part 1

Here are my thoughts on some of the summer new animes that have aired.


1) Demashitaa! Power Puff Girls Z



Well, it turns out to be a lot better than I thought. I actually liked the first episode. ^O^ It's entertaining value is high(rather comic-wised ^O^) and the character design does look appeal to me as I watch it. (Yes, the girls are too cute! I especially love the design of Bubbles-chan but the others are adorable too >O<) Both op and ed are surprisingly decent and I especially like the opening and the animation going with it. This series also has one of the most stylish transformation scene ever. (the poses! ^O^) I think I'll be keep watching it for now.


2) Otogi Juushi Akazukin



To be honest, I didn't really enjoy the first episode. I felt kinda slow and the action scene was not impressive at all. (It's not just because it's childish though) The series itself seemed too generic to me. The chibi-like character design is cute but I don't like the idea of Akazukin using a cell phone-like item to summon her weapon and cast spells. (I guess that item is gonna take a part of related merchandises;;;) It might get better later on but for now, I don't really feel like keep following this series since it's 39 episodes long.

...But Akazukin was really kawaii. The talking wolf named Val was kinda cool too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home