Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Impression



This was probably the most popular anime that came out this spring and has ended just recently. I liked this series a lot even though I wasn't as obsessed as many other people were. However for some reason, I was nearly in tears when I was watching the ending. When Kyon tells Haruhi about how she looks good in a pony tail, I felt kinda warm. I think playing the opening song right after that moment was very effective and I also think the last episode was awesome.

What I liked about this series:
-Production value and beautiful animation
-Directions and scripts
-Well-balanced characters
-Songs (God Knows is my favourite song of this series)

What I didn't like about this series:
-I didn't enjoy some episodes (mainly the ones with SO much information explained, which confused me since I didn't read the novel)
-The fact that they separated the two-parts story(the island one; seriously, I think this was a bad idea; I didn't mind other episodes shuffling though)

Also I had hard time liking Haruhi's character until episode 12, where she reveals her very humane side. I also realized that she is a very sensitive but yet thoughtful person after that. (I wish I could have seen the good side of her earlier;;;) I think I can understand how she thinks of her world boring and stuff. Oh yes, the ending dance was probably the best hit of this series. ^O^ Anyway bravo to Kyoto Animation for making such a fine series. I'm looking forward to watch Kanon as well, which is coming this fall. ^O^

Finally, here's my personal character ranking for this series:

Mikuru>Itsuki>Haruhi>Kyon, Yuki>>Tsuruya-san>>Kyon's sister>>Others

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home