Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random babbling of the day - Glass Mask, Ashita no Ousama

Just some thoughts on 2 mangas that I read recently.



Glass Mask(Pic on the left): I'm sure many of you at least heard of the title. Yes, it is a very classic manga title that is still ongoing. ...and yes, IT IS SO EPIC. This is probably one of the best mangas I've read up to date. The character developments in this manga are just amazing. It really makes you to care about them and cheer for them. (Especially Maya) Also Ayumi is such a great rival character. I can't wait to read how this manga will end(the mangaka said she will finish this series soon). Another unique thing about this manga is when Maya and Ayumi train to get used to the characters they are playing, their process of 'realizing' their roles fully is like the ones in shounen mangas, where the characters get stronger through harsh trainings.(Very nice to see some shounen manga elements in a shoujo manga like this) The only complaint I have about this series is some of the lame "mean" characters, who tried to give Maya some random pranks here and there. But later in the manga, we don't really see ones like that so it's good. The art gets drastically better as it goes on also. (This manga started in 70's btw) Both Maya and Ayumi are looking very hawt now. As for the pairing... I think Masumi will end up with Maya eventually but I really REALLY love Yuu x Maya too. >__< I liked Shigeru x Maya too darn it.


Ashita no Ousama(Pic on the right): Yet another manga about stage acting. But unlike Glass Mask, the protagonist of this series is a script writer/stage director. I finished reading this one recently and I really liked it. Yuu was a great character and it's amazing how she changed from a totally boring girl into a famous and successful person. Just like Glass Mask, this series has such a strong cast of characters. The only complaint I have about this series is how they didn't show enough of "The Age Changing Mountain" play that Touya performed. Oh yes, the romance in this series was great. I wish they showed more of Touya x Yuu but oh well the ending was great and all so no more complaint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home