Saturday, June 17, 2006

Fate/Stay Night - Impression



Fate was the anime that a lot of people have looked forward to last year and also the anime that has successfully opened the anime season of 2006. (Last year, it was Air)
This series turned out to be a well done series with the great conclusion. (Even though Saber died... *Sniff) The visual must be the strongest part of this series because from what I remembered, there was no episode that had its quality below its average and some of the episodes were superb in terms of animation. All the characters and the backgrounds were well drawn and the opera-like soundtracks went wonderfully with them.
However, there were a few problems with this series. First, they spent too much time on repeating the information on the Holy Grail War that the pacing was rather awkward a lot of times and the first half(upto ep 13) was too dialogue-wised. (In my opinion, VS Shinji arc was horrible in terms of pacing) Also I always felt that the pacing in general was lacking something. Second, they didn't give proper background info on most characters. Because of this, only a few characters remained memorable to me.
Therefore, I'm not going to do the character rank for this seris since I can't really figure it out properly. But I can definitely say Saber is my favourite character of this series. She was beautiful(Saber kireiiyo Saber! >O<) and she's the one who had the best character development from this series, which was interesting to see.

Starting from ep 14, this series started to pick up its intensity and the last arc(VS Kotomine) was awesome in my opinion. Seriously, this series could have been way better if it had better pacing and better character introduction. Even having that said, I enjoyed watching this series and all the good looking characters really made it up for me. ^O^



Saber-sama, I will never forget you...


P.S. 1) Sir Bedivere@Noto Mamiko was awesome. Noto gakkoiiyo!!! >O<
2) Have I mentioned how much I liked the 2nd opening song? It's awesome!!! >O<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home